[Upon the request of PHASTA group]
int FMDB_Vtx_GetOrigin (pMeshEnt vtx, int* part_id, int* vtx_id)
Given a vertex handle, FMDB_Vtx_GetOrigin returns original part id and vertex id.When a vertex is created, the id of part where the vertex is created and vertex id are stored and they are unchanged during its lifetime even when migrated from part to part.
- For each vertex, the part where the vertex is first created is termed as original part.
- The original part of the vertex doesn't change even when the vertex is migrated from part to part.
- part id is globally unique, 0,..., N*X-1, where N is #parts per process and X is #processes.
The id of i'th part on j'th process (i=0,...,N-1, j=0,...,X-1) is j*N+i.
- For each vertex, the vertex id is generated and maintained.
- On each process, vertex id starts from 1. The vertex id is not globally unique.
- If a vertex is created from a mesh file, the vertex id is the order being read from the mesh file
- If a vertex is created by the application through FMDB api, the vertex id is 1 greater than the current maximum vertex iD.
- The vertex id doesn't change even when the vertex is migrated from part to part.
#1 Updated by E. Seegyoung Seol about 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
This feature is available from revision 3576 - new api FMDB_Vtx_GetLoadPartOrderPair and FMDB_Part_Glob/LocalID are added.
For more information, refer to FMDB User's Guide (http://www.scorec.rpi.edu/FMDB/doc/FMDB.pdf) or Redmine wiki http://redmine.scorec.rpi.edu/projects/fmdb/wiki/Release_Note_v140)