Steps to add new project members¶
In order to add new project members, those members have to have...
- svn commit privileges
- the ability to edit content on the redmine site
- the ability to post and recieve messages from itaps-dev
- the ability to recieve messages on itaps-commits and/or itaps-interface-commits
- Go to https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/admin/itaps-dev and subscribe the new user
- Anyone with admin privileges for firstname.lastname@example.org can do this step
- Might be easiest just to have new member post a test message to itaps-dev and then follow instructions in the resulting admin bounce message that gets sent to itaps-dev-owners.
- Instruct the new project member to go here, http://redmine.scorec.rpi.edu/projects/itaps, and request a new redmine account.
- Send email to Mark M. and Tim W. (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) to give them a heads up about new member.
- Intstruct the new project member to go here, https://lists.scorec.rpi.edu/mailman/listinfo and subscribe to itaps-commits and itaps-interface-commits
- THIS STEP NO LONGER NECESSARY itaps-commits now forwards to itaps-dev.
- Explain to new member that after they register, they will get an automated email within the subsequent hour with instructions on what to do to complete the registration.
- Explain to the new member that after completing registration, they should send email to Mark M. (email@example.com) to request that s/he be added to the project as a developer.
- Explain to the new member that after gaining access to redmine/svn repo, they should refer to http://redmine.scorec.rpi.edu/projects/itaps/wiki#Useful-Developer-Resources for basic info in getting started.
- Might want to send an email to itaps-dev introducing new member to everyone else.